Friday, January 15, 2010

Flickster Friday - The Maiden Heist


In addition to book reviews, I enjoy critiquing movies as well.  Recently my husband and I watched The Maiden Heist.  Although I enjoyed it, Jonathan really loved the movie.  So he's going to be a guest reviewer this week!  So please welcome...the love of my life...Jonathan Hartness!
**********************************

I had never heard of this movie until my wife brought it home.  As the film had no advertising or press junket, we did not expect a great story.  We were pleasantly surprised.  I would not have put Christopher Walken, Morgan Freeman, and William H. Macy together, but they really complement each other.  And Marcia Gay Harden fits her role perfectly.  Their characters are fleshed out in subtly humorous ways.

The plot follows three men living the quiet autumns of their lives.  They decide to support their passion for three works of art by planning an uncharacteristically bold art heist.  They slowly bumble through a security-busting plan, trying to prove to themselves that they can do it.

The nuances of this film make it a quiet charmer.  I recommend it for a low key evening at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails